We love our Nomadesk customers, or as we like to call them, Digital Nomads. To show our appreciation we recently revamped our Refer a Friend Program, giving our customers a $35 credit when they get a friend to sign up for Nomadesk. To add to that we also give their friend a $35 credit. So, in light of August being a travel month for most of our Digital Nomads we wanted to give away something that will make vacationing even better!
Starting on Monday, August 1st, 2011, we will be holding a contest through our Facebook Page. We would like to see where everyone uses Nomadesk. Here are the basic instructions:
- Like us on Facebook.
- Post a picture to our wall of you using Nomadesk. You don’t necessarily have to be on vacation. You could be at your favorite coffee shop or at your home office. Wherever, whenever you’re using Nomadesk just simply snap a picture of the device you’re using with the Nomadesk app, desktop client, or mynomadesk.com screen in the photo. Then post it to our Wall. If you are shy, we don’t need to see you, but we do need to see Nomadesk running!
- You can post up to three pictures throughout the month but you will only be able to win one of the prizes.
- On August 31st, 2011 our Nomadesk team will vote on three pictures to win a FREE 3 month Nomadesk subscription. The winners will be chosen using the following criteria: Creativity, Likes/Comments, Caption, and originality.
To get started I have added the photo to the right which meets the criteria for the contest. There is also an Album on our Facebook Page titled, “Nomadesk Photo Contest” with additional examples. My boss also made me post “the legal stuff” as well, see below for the boring details.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE NOMADESK PHOTO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Nomadesk Photo Contest is available to users that have a) an existing Nomadesk subscription to a team Fileserver, personal Fileserver or free trial, b) are 18 or older. Employees of Nomadesk, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. This promotion consists of three (3) winning photos chosen by the Nomadesk team. The eligible owner of each winning photo will receive a free three month subscription to Nomadesk (personal or team Fileserver). Eligible contestants will not be able to win the contest more than one (1) time.
2. Nomadesk: The Contest is sponsored by Nomadesk Xavier De Cocklaan 66, PO Box 5, B-9830 Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 AM PT on August 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59 on August 31, 2011.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit https://www.facebook.com/Nomadesk and Like the Page. Post a picture to the Nomadesk Facebook Wall that has Nomadesk somewhere in the photo. Photos that do not have Nomadesk in the picture will not be eligible to win.
6. LIMITS ON ENTRY: Each participant may enter three (3) times during the Contest Period. If a participant enters the Contest more than once they will only be able to win with one (1) of their entries (photos).
7. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: The Nomadesk team will choose the three (3) winners according to the following criteria: creativity, originality, number of Likes/Comments, and quality of picture caption.
8. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a release form within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the documents within the required time period, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) days of being contacted, or the prize is returned as not deliverable, an alternate potential winner may be selected according to the process set forth above. Winners must maintain the same email address used to register for the Sweepstakes. Any winner who does not claim the prize within seven (7) days will forfeit the prize and will not be eligible for subsequent Drawings.
9. PRIZES: The winners will be given a free three (3) month subscription, subject to compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Nomadesk in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. The winners are responsible for any and all other costs and taxes associated with the receipt of a prize.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical errors, or fraud, the Nomadesk may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) cancel the Contest and award the prizes according to the process set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancelation. Nomadesk reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Nomadesk reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Nomadesk to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Nomadesk and Facebook and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: : (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Nomadesk, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the liability Released Parties named in such action will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all disputes in relation to the determination of Contest winner(s), including but not limited to, eligibility, and other related issues shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Nomadesk, and that such a decision by Nomadesk shall be final and binding. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Nomadesk in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
13. ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: None of the personal information of any entrant will be used without their own discretion.